From:
Dan Muldoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:28:49 -0500
>From:    Hofa Membership <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Harry Potter Movie
>
>People, people, people.  Why must we always attack those creators in the
>entertainment industry who use ferrets in a negative form... Doesn't the
>entertainment industry use other animals, such as dogs, cats, pigs, etc,
>in the same fashion at times?  <snip>

My SO and I were discussing this last night.  We're less than eager to
see the latest HP, but how ironic that we wouldn't think twice about the
creature eating _people_.  Reminds me of the "Lost World: Jurassic Park"
movie, in which the T. rex invades San Diego and at one point eats a
family's dog.  While I didn't care for the scene I did find myself
thinking, "at least it wasn't a ferret."

Ah, the things that push our buttons.  Does this count as
"species-ism?" :-)

Just my 2[cents]

Dan Muldoon
Omaha, NE