From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 22:19:11 -0400
Condolences to all lost, sick, or angeled Totally Tubular (dryer
hose-style) Ferts...

You Wrote:
>I have a bedroom window that my ferriemen can get to since it's low to the
>floor. I wouldn't mind keeping it open for them but since it's on the 2nd
>story I'm afraid to let them in it because they climb the screen. Does
>anyone have any suggestions of what I can put over the screen so they can
>safely sit in the window??? I have no idea how strong screens are and I
>don't want to find out the hard way. :-(

Try getting some plexiglas that fits into the open area of the window.  Be
sure to get it cut about 1/4" wider than the width of the space it will fit
into, so that it will flex into the area and fit snuggly.  Next, lay it
flat on the ground (or on some scrap plywood) and drill a number of holes
(you can make them up to 1/2" in size, if you wish) all over the surface of
the plexiglas, making sure to keep more than 1" away from all sides.  When
you open the window, place the plexiglas into the opening and everything
should be fine! :)

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
mailto:[log in to unmask]