From:
Jacqueline Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:46:13 -0800
Hi,

We have six ferrets.  All of them tremble occasionally, especially right
after they wake up.  I've read that this is a natural response and raises
their body temperature.  One ferret, however, has always been shivery.
The vet has given her a clean bill of health, and she looks well and acts
happy.  The one difference between her and the others is that she is
slimmer (less of a chow hound) and has a longer build than the others, and
therefore her skin area to body mass ration means she loses more heat than
the chunkier kids.

I've always thought that this ferret was frail, given her small size and
the shivers.  But in fact, the recent bout of flu that made her buddies
miserable didn't faze her at all.  And when ECE got into our herd last
year, she was the least affected.  So if your ferret has a healthy coat,
is active, seems happy, eats well, and your vet hasn't spotted any health
issues, I don't think you necessarily have a problem.  I'd suggest just
keeping an eye on her general health and behavior.

Another idea--your ferret recently went from being a teenager to an adult.
My two 'babies' are now big kids, and somewhere around six months, their
personalities began changing.  The little white tornado that attacked
anything became more like Goddess Earth Mother (in a ferrety sort of way).
And the killer demon boy is now more of a Philosopher King (without the
philosphy).  You may be seing some personality changes, too.

Good luck--I think your ferret will be just fine!

Jacqueline