From:
"Todd P. Cromwell III" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 09:32:23 -0800
Time to post this scratching advice again . . . every year . . .

Mandi,

This is a frequently asked question, so, please read the FAQ.

Go to the hardware store and get some rectangular mesh or chickenwire (the
latter works best) and u-nails.  Cut a strip of chicken wire wider than the
door and about 5 inches in the other axis, and u-nail it into the rug near
the door.  It kind of sinks down into the carpet pile nicely, so is not too
visible.  When your ferrets are older they may not need this.

Your ferret will give up after trying to dig at this chickenwire.  I doubt
you can scold her out of it, so you need this solution.

>special ones, though we're tempted!) He likes the pretzels, question marks,

I keep waiting for "Hi" or "We Live" to show up in the box.

Todd P. Cromwell III, Dors and Seldon