Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 13:51:09 EDT
Hi All...I am back and have still more questions!  I have been faithfully
reading the posts here for the last couple of days and have seen many
references to MF ferrets.  Everything from, Bad choices to possible ECE
carriers, and pending lawsuits.  I am really getting concerned now...I had
4 beautiful little girls all of whom were MF ferrets and 2 of them have
since passed away from mysterious ailments.  The first died at the age
of 5 yrs and the second died at less than 6 months.  Both stopped eating,
drinking and moving.  I diligantly tried to keep them eating and drinking
but in the end everything that I got in them the hurled back up.  Please...
anyone that can tell me anything more about the MF Ferrets would be
helpfull, espically since we were thinking of getting a couple more but
have only been able to find MF's.  I can't take loosing another fuzzy kid!
and would rather not take that chance.

Now...as for the 2 that have survived.  They are so small and thin I worry
non stop about them.  One is 5 years old and the other is 10 months.  I
have started to ween them off the food they had been eating and started
mixing some IAMS kitten chow in.  This is the only other thing I have
found they will eat.  I also mixed up some of the Bob's Chicken but its a
no go!  They refuse and run and hide each time they get just a whiff of it.
Someone also suggested that I try Chicken Baby food and some heavy whipping
cream....that had us laughing for hours.  The chicken was the problem!  I
dipped my finger in and tapped their lips to give them just a small taste
and the fit they had was unbelievable.  They rubbed their faces on anything
and everything close at hand including each other.  They spit, coffed,
stuck out their tongues and gave me such looks that I was sure I was going
to drop dead.  Not wanting to cause any more fits I didn't try it a second
time right away.  Later that night we gave it another shot and once again
they were all over the place spitting and coffing.  My husband said why
don't you try just the cream.  That was a bit better but they only took
one or two licks at best.  Just to assure myself I offered them just the
chicken and Oh My God...you should have seen them...I was sure they were
gonna end up on the ceiling they took off so fast trying to get away from
it!  So I guess Chicken is just not their thing.

I guess the best thing at the moment is to just keep going with the weening
off of the Hartz to the IAMS since they seem to be doing ok with that.  I
know there is better food out there but these guys have such strange tastes
I don't know what to try.  I wish someone knew were I could find sample
sizes of other foods to try with them because to buy a bag and then have
it go to waste is not something I can afford to do.

Ok...here is my last question (for now anyway) Does anyone know where I
could a rescue shelter in Central Florida that has ferrets for adoption?
Maybe that would be a better way to go than to buy one from a pet store.  I
just love my fuzzies and would like to add a couple more.  Maybe a boy or
two??  I am just scared of buying them now that all I have been able to
find is MF Ferrets.  Thanks to everyone again, and Minx and Fidget send
lots of Dooks to all the other fuzzies.

Tarie, Minx and Fidget...