From:
sue azima <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 19:25:55 -0400
We have three ferrets that have been caged together for a while, and one
developed ECE somehow.  We left the other two there, because our vet said
by now they'd been exposed to it and would cause stress to separate them.
they've been together since we got them.  Two of them have been together
since they were babies.  That first ferret is fine and his lifetime
cagemate never got sick, but the newer addition to the three is now
terribly sick.  He had the green stools which changed to seedy, then more
like normal.  he did stop eating, but never stopped drinking, and dropped
from just over 2 lb to 1.5 lb despite force feeding.  Now, he is eating on
his own, but he is still just a little ferret skeleton.  Last night and all
today he has had projectile diarrhea which stinks to high heaven and he
isnt' using the litterbox, so cleaning up is not fun. :)  The vets office i
work for has closed down because of the approaching hurricane Georges, and
i can't get anyone to look at him.  I am at a loss for what to do.  I don't
want to lose this little guy! :(  He was found wandering around outside and
no one ever claimed him, so we kept him.  We have no idea how old he is or
anything about his history.  Sometimes for no reason he will come up and
bite us though.  He could be playing, and all of a sudden walks over to
suck blood from one of our toes.  He bites so hard.  This is a relatively
recent thing.  Could it be related to pain?

sorry for rambling on.  Please, anyone have any ideas on what i should do?

Jay, sue and the zoo :)
reach me on icq: 1393166
or by e-mail:   [log in to unmask]