From:
Jim Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2010 15:38:12 -0400
>What household item has become your ferrets favorite toy?
>
>Masked ferret owner in CA

Two of our first ferrets were a girl and boy, Miss Mabel and Freddie.
My wife taught a class for nursing assistants and brought home a rubber
chicken that she used to threaten the students with. Well, Freddie
would carry off this rubber chicken into our office and five minutes
later Mabel would drag it back to its original spot. Back and forth,
back and forth.

We had another little girl named Sophie who stole the porcelain caps
that covered the bolts that held the toilet to the floor. Nowadays
they're plastic but a few years back they were filled with putty and
quite heavy. Didn't stop Sophie. We called them her toilet mints.

We've got a petite little one and a half pound girl named Cora who just
loves to steal my wife's long aluminum and plastic reacher (Linda has
MS) so we have to put that up out of the way now. She also is partial
(Cora, not Linda) to hiding the large, heavy dog-grooming brush.

Our newest adoptee, a big fuzzy grey boy named Moose hides a lotion
dispenser and the rolls of plastic dog poop bags that we keep in the
utility cupboard. But none of them have ever played with anything
unusual. I don't think "unusual" is in a ferret's vocabulary.