From:
Steve Bourque <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 21:40:06 -0800
I have been owned by 2, male MF Ferrets for over 3 years now.  They have
never been around other ferrets.  3 weeks ago, I decided to get a 3rd.
Now, my older ferret, Shaggy, has been very ill.  He has lost a lot of
weight and has had green, slimey, very odorous, diarrhea.  The other, older
ferret seems fine.  But Shaggy looks terrible...He isn't eating very much
and only laps water from my hand...not ever from his water bottle...Is it
possible for the younger ferret to be a carrier and to not show any
symptoms of ECE?  What should I do now?  Do I just let it run it's course?
Any input that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Steve B
Shaggy(the sick one), Scooby and Sleestak