From:
Scott Lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 1996 14:14:56 -0000
Hi everyone!

Margaret and her babies would like to take this opportunity to wish each and
every one of you in ferret land a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday
Season.  For those of you who do not celebrate Christmas, we wish you a very
happy and special time of year.

Something has come about that I would not have believed possible back in the
early part of this year.  I have much to be thankful for, both Gismo and
Princess will be here for Christmas.  For those of you who are not familiar
with Margaret's Babies, We almost lost Gismo twice this year, in January
with insulinoma and in November with adrenal surgery.  Princess was given
two months to live in the fall of '95.  Princess' tumor seems to have gone
into remission.  Gismo once again has some fur and is back to being "the
baddest thing on feet".

We had our first snow here in NC last week, a big, whopping 2 1/2 inches!  I
put some of the white stuff in a dishpan and brought it in for the
fur-bunnies to play in.  Four of my children are under the age of one, so
this is the first time they experienced snow.  Needless to say, they had a
blast!  It was really cute, there were 7 furry little critters all lined up
around the outside of the pan, they each had their hands on the edge, and
each had his/her nose stuffed down into the snow.  (I hope my pictures turn
out okay).

I have been really impressed with the discipline my babies have displayed
around the Christmas tree.  They have not attempted to remove any of the
ornaments or climb into the tree.  I was expecting them to open the gifts,
but so far, the only gifts that they have shown any interest in are theirs.
Even Rusty (the ferret whose motto is: "if it can be gotten into, I will get
into it!") has shown that he too can be a model ferret.

Condolences and prayers to those who have recently lost a precious little
one.  Prayers and best wishes for those who have babies that are ill.

(Hang in there-
Meltdown, we are behind you girl!).

Margaret Ann and her babies
    Princess (two months? I ain't finished my ferreting chores yet)
    Gismo (hey, this is great, my body has fuzzy stuff on it again)
    Harley (Mom, I am laying in front of the frig, where's the whipped creme)
    Scooter (leave me alone, I am trying to nap in the desk drawer)
    Coco (I am so glad you adopted me and I have a real home)
    Merlin (where's my ball, I want my ball, gotta have my ball, NOW)
    Rusty (okay, if I climb up there, jump over there, I can get into that)
    Fancy (why do I have to be Rusty's room-mate, he is sooooo hyper)
    Daisy (Mom, Merlin has been digging in the litter box again)
and Scott (who puts up with all of us and sometimes gets flamed for one of
my postings