From:
Tilda Flood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:24:43 -0000
Hi everyone,
I was looking for a bit of advice.  I have six wonderful ferrets, 5 little
girls and one little boy, two of the females have been spayed and the
others are due to be in the next few months, (The 2 that are spayed are 2
yrs old, the others are 4 1/2 months).  We had no problems when we had
Jade and Jakar spayed but my problem is we have never been through this
process with a male before.  What can I expect from him after he has been
castrated?  Will his attitude change, will he be calmer or even more mad?
Most of all will he hate me?  I love him so much, I'm worried that when he
wakes up with no "bits" so to speak he'll resent me, it's bad enough when
I cut his nails!LOL

Also, are there any post-op risks I should be aware of?  I guess I know in
my heart that he'll never hate me but I would like to know if his attitude
and the way he acts will change.  He is a very playful boy and not aware
of his own strength, he is also deaf which I guess doesn't help as he
can't hear his sisters squeel, (play time has to be monitored carefully).

Do male ferrets calm down one they have been done, I have heard that they
become less aggressive but only in books, an actual account from a ferret
owner would put my mind at rest.

Sorry, reading this now seems like rubbish but they are all questions I
would really like to have answers to.

Thanks for reading and the help in advance

Tilda, owned by Jade, Jakar, Vishnu, Misty, Water-ru and Mischeif

DOOK  :)  :)