From:
Lawrence Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 13:24:13 -0500
Hey!  Did anyone see the program on AP that is an "ask the vet" kind of
show?  I don't know the name of it but there are two people-a man and a
woman.  The woman is the vet.  They sit in chairs and review videos of
problem pets while the owner is on the phone.  Today, I happened to see the
one with problem ferrets.  The owner was from Florida and was upset because
her ferrets "ate" her plants.  The video showed them chewing the plants,
snorkeling in the water and stealing pieces of the plant to hide.  One
scene showed one of her ferrets really giving her arm a chew!  (Great!)
The "knowledgeable" vet told her that her ferrets were carnivores but in
"the wild" they do eat some vegetation.  (In the WILD?)  Then the
knowledgeable vet informed her to feed her ferret some melon, broccoli,
etc.  She recommended something green.  Next she suggested something bitter
to spray on the plant.  At the end of the segment, the man reminded people
that although ferrets were fun, to remember that they were illegal in
Hawaii and California BECAUSE IF THEY GET LOOSE OUTSIDE, THEY WILL
REPRODUCE AND DESTROY THE WILDLIFE!!!!  Arrrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!

I tried calling their 800 number that is given about requesting sending in
a video.  An electronic person.......tape full.  Just another example of
people thinking they are "experts".

Tequita and the wild, wildlife destroyers

"The miracle of life is found in all creatures"