From:
The Nelsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:36:53 -0700
OK, I am still very new to this and just acquired my second ferret.  My
first is very thin and sleeps A LOT!  He is mellow and slow.  I just found
out on Thursday that he was malnutrition before I found him.  I don't
remember all the symptoms, but he has them all. :(

Now for the second ferret....she goes Mach 5 from the moment she is awake
running from room to room, until she falls asleep, but that is only after
throwing herself around about 10 times before she just dies of exhaustion
in the cage.  I have never seen so much energy in my life!  :) She crawls
up the side of the cage until gravity takes over then at the last minute
tries to throw herself on the hammock or the cube and if she falls, well...
hey, there is reason to do it again!  :) She seems to always land on her
back and only half of her makes it.  Then she slides off and does it again.
My other ferret usually just sleeps through (or ignores her) the whole
thing.

Anyway, I digress, my question is, now she has discovered how to get up
inside the box spring mattress.  Anyone have some suggestions for keeping
her out?  It was about a 15 minute ordeal getting her to come out for some
ferretvite.  What a pill she was.  It was all a game to her.  My other
ferret never even considered doing that!  She has been places he hasn't
even thought of going before.  Ahhh, the mind of a ferret never stops.

Cyndy