From:
Megan McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:48:21 -0400
Hi there - I had a similar problem when I got a new ferret a few years
back - for some reason, one of my girls *hated* the new girl, and would
chase her and go after her all the time (there was a lot of squealing
and hissing, *and* biting, though no blood - and terrified pooping,
which was not fun for anyone). I had three ferrets at the time, and
we lived together in a pretty small space so short of caging one
full-time, I couldn't really keep them separate.

What did work, though, was finding a way the new girl could hide from
the mean old girl, since she didn't want to fight back. Luckily, the
new girl was younger, and more agile, so I could set up a corner of the
room blocked off by a big plywood board, in such a way that she could
hop up on something (maybe a chair? I don't recall now) and get back
in the corner. Maybe, since the baby thinks it's fun to go after Tiny,
there's something you could set up that would let Tiny hide, with maybe
a little entrance (like a box with a hole) so he can keep the baby from
following him in? Then Tiny has a bolthole, and maybe the baby will
find that boring after a while.

Good luck! It's rough when they don't get along.
megan