Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 16:01:20 -0400
Hello Fellow Ferret Lovers:

It's been a long time since I've posted (a couple of years) but I follow
the list when time permits.  I hope that all your furkids are fine and that
those who've been ill are recuperating nicely.  My sympathy to anyone who
may have lost a ferret recently.

Since I was in touch last, Katy Ferret crossed over the Rainbow Bridge in
November of last year.  She lived to be a fine old lady - seven years old.

Today, Sasha had surgery and had his right adrenal gland removed and Jeff
(the most wonderful vet) said there was a tiny spot on his left gland which
was easily removed.  Jeff told me that the right adrenal gland was enlarged
to about twenty times it's normal size, and that he found a little bit of
fluid in the abdomen.  Sasha's heart is fine and Jeff expects that I will
pick Sasha Ferret up tomorrow morning.

What I'm wondering at this point is can those of you who've been through
this provide me with more information as to Sasha's after care - what I
should be feeding him and anything else that will make him as comfortable
as possible and help him to make a strong recovery.  Sasha has been on a
diet of Iams cat food since we adopted him at one year old (he is five and
a half years old now).  Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jean and the gang of furkids:)