From:
Marti Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 07:15:57 -0500
To Everyone,

Just to let everyone know, there is a high percentage of people carrying the
toxoplasmosis in their system.  We can get it by eating or handling raw or
undercooked meat, or by handling the litter box.  If most of us are tested,
it would show that that we have different titer levels, and if we do, for
the most part it is no big deal.  The only danger of contracting it is
during your first trimester of pregnancy.

At the time I was pregnant for my 13 year old twins, there were only 2
facilities in the US that had the proper equipment to test for it, and they
sent my blood to one of the labs, and it came back with a high titer.  I was
relieved, as any one would be.  But before that, when there was questions
about the chance that I could have it, I took it upon myself to investigate
and do my own research, I called a Doctor who was the head of Infections and
Deseases at the local Hospital, UMass Medical, and he talked to me, asked me
many questions and gave me the sastistics on Toxoplasmosis and Pregnancy,
and he said that in his years of medicine, he had not ever come accross a
pregnant patient with it, nor was the baby affected.  And he said by what I
told him, and not having any symptoms, that I didn't have it.  And he had a
meeting to discuss my test results with my OB/GYN, and I was called in to
take my blood again, and have it sent to the proper facilities, and within 4
days it came back and showed that I didn't and NEVER had toxoplasmosis.

Yes all pregnant women should take precaution during thier pregnancy, but
don't lose sleep over it. And you don't have to get rid of your pets
because of your fear.

And have faith that the Lord will bless you with a healthy bouncing baby.
Sincerely,
Marti Smith