From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:17:20 -0700
Help!  I'm moving from Arizona to California at the end of the month in
order to intern with a company is Los Angeles.  I have my ferret of three &
1/2 years with me and I am not about to let go of her.  She's my first and
ONLY ferret and we've been through a lot together.

Last January she had an Adrenalectomy (sp?) and at the same time it was
discovered that she actually had *three* tumors - one being the size of a
golf ball that was causing hemorrhaging.  Miraculously, since the surgery
she seems to have fully recovered - though I can't say I'm not absolutely
paranoid that I'll have to relive that nightmare all over again any day
now.  Has anyone else had similar experiences?  I'd like to know the
likelihood and approximate time frame that a relapse might occur.  I wasn't
able to have tests run so I don't know what kind of tumors they were.  All
I know is what I have already said.

Anyway, I urgently need advice on living with a ferret in CA - if anyone
could offer any anonymously, perhaps.  My primary concern is how I will
take her to a vet when need be.  Are there any secretly ferret-friendly
veterinarians in the Los Angeles area and how might I find out about them?
Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!!  Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
S.G.