From:
Amy Isenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 12:21:31 EST
Hi all - I am hoping someone on this list, vet or ferret lover can help
me.  I have posted numerous time about my 4 yr old, Winnie - she has had
insolinoma for about a year and is doing okay on .6cc pediapred 2x day.
Actually she is diong great compared to where she was.  Just recently at
her 6 month exam the vet suspects her to have adrenal.  There is a patch on
her right shoulder that has no guard hairs, but still has the undercoat as
well as a patch on her stomach area near one fo her back legs - also thin
in hair.  He beleives after much poking and probing that he may feel an
adrenal tumor.  He wants to watch her for a while because that is her only
symptom of it.  And because her hair seemed to be growing back at the
point he saw her.

Anyway, besides being confused about what I really awnt to do for her
adrenal tumor (money is a big problem here), she now has another problem.
I was away this weekend and my mom babysat my three kids.  I came home on
christmas day and checked them all over - they all get "examined" every
day.  Winnie rectum was a little puffy and red.  It didn't look "out" if
you know what I mean - and there was a piece of litter on it.  I washed her
with warm water and watched her make a very nice poop so I know she is
still going and it is normal looking.  The next day it looked much better -
kind of drier not so raw looking.  Then she licked it a bit and it looked a
bit raw again.  This morning she again looked almost normal.  Should I just
give her a few more days to see if is goes away or is this a big problem
that needs to be seen by a vet.  It doesnt' seem to affect her at all.
she eats like a horse, and plays like the normal bratty sneaky mama's girl
ferret that she is.  Any ideas on what this is?  Please let me know -
thanks.

Amy, Winnie, Chloe and Connor