From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 22:40:12 -0500
Hi Folks,

I am really behind on the FML and tax receipts, but I will be getting the
tax receipts out by Tuesday.  (I hope).  I am currently working two jobs,
some days last 18 hours, not counting the litterbox, food, water bottle
detail.

I will be up front, I have caught a couple of the notes about the raffle.
The ladies that run SOS are the most dedicated people I know.  And the
most honest.  To doubt their integrity on how a random number generator
picks numbers is very upsetting.  I read how it was done, and it was the
computer who picked the numbers.  Can't get any more unbiased than that.
It stands to reason that the more tickets a person purchased, the better
his or her chances.

Because of Kat, Judith, Ela, Georgia, and their helpers, we were able to
get surgery done on four ferrets.  A female who had huge tumors on her
ovaries, she was also altered.  We are waiting for the results on the
tumors, a loveable albino boy got his fuzzy nuts taken away (just in time
he started going into rut) an old timer that came in with a swollen face,
and tumor on his neck (fibroid).  Poor baby had a horrible abbess, and had
two of his back teeth removed along with the tumor.  (He hates the amoxi,
loves the duck soup).  One little girl with the ugliest mast cell tumor
had it removed.  I also had to have one of the old timers here put to
sleep, I hate doing that.  Cujo had been here for a while, our little
tumor factory.  We would have the tumor on his little body removed, and
they grew back.  His heart was giving out, and I just couldn't see letting
him strain to breathe, and be comatose.  And we have a $32 credit still!!
Dr. T just shakes his head at me, he also looked at three others that are
going adrenal.  And he know eventually I will get them in.

Because of these ladies, there are three ferrets that will have a chance
of getting a home.  Not that having your teeth fixed and being altered,
and having tumors removed can guarantee that, but at least they have a
chance.

If it weren't for them, I don't know when I would have been able to afford
the surgery.  I may be working two jobs, but it isn't cutting covering
what needs to be.  I would probably have used half the mortgage payment,
and then worried how I would make it up to keep the house out of the
bank's hands.

I am and will always be grateful to them for what they have done, and
grateful to those who purchased the tickets.

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
Rescue*Rehab*Educate*Adopt
Cleveland, Ohio