From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Nov 1994 12:12:10 -0800
To those concerned about Christmas Trees.

     I doubt that Ferrets can seriously be injured by trees.  After
all, at one time they lived in nature and there were probably
trees.  The usual precautions (hang ornaments high, watch out for
electrical cords) would be enough.  Our Ferret, Julia, has had a
tree every year of her life, with no problems.  The only thing
that you should watch for is that she LOVES to drink from the water
and sugar solution we put under the tree.  Be careful of this, since
bacteria and protists will start to live in the water as it sits
under the tree.  Keep an eye out for drinking Ferrets!

D.E.  Brea, California