From:
Shelley Straight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 1997 22:34:53 -0400
I just wanted to post this again because I never had any response the first
time.  A friend of my parents wants to give away his two ferrets.  They are
a male and female, spayed and neutered, eat Iams cat food, 2 year old and
are in good health.  They still need a home.  He is giving them away because
he and his SO are separating.(Poor excuse I know).  Anyhow, these guys need
a good home, and I have some guilt bacause I was going to take them before
my boyfrined surprised me with two kits.I just can't handle 4 ferrets in my
tiny apartment.  They are in Wilmington DE.  Email me if you may be
interested.

Does anyone have a ferret who hisses insteads of dooks.  My male does the
dance but never dooks.  He only makes little hissing noises.  It is
hilarious.  I don't think it is a problem.  I have had one vet look at him.

Additionally, does anyone know if it is true that breeding ferrets must
have there scent glands in order to breed. My boyfrined asked me. It makes
sense to me, but I haven't found any information about it. I haven't looked
to hard though.

Shelley Straight
VA-MD Regional College
of Veterinary Medicine