From:
Shele Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 11:07:12 -0500
Okay, as we all know Oscar had her surgeries.  So far, all is well.
Her stitches came out the 1st and she has gained weight.  The vet has
released her back to her own cage and she is on her regular food.
However, I am thinking we need to keep her and Bubba seperated.  She does
this high pitched screech sound and attacks Bubba.  It is mean like too
not very nice at all.  He just backs off hisses a little and goes back to
see her.  He isn't doing anything other than trying to eat or just sniff
her out.  He hasn't bit her or anything.  She just is a little snot to
him.  Will she come out of that any time soon?  They used to sleep, play,
and eat together.  Now she wants nothing to do with Bubba.  The funny
part is she is only 1.3 lbs.  and he is a wopping almost 3 pounds.  He
cowers from her like he is scared of her.

As for her diet she is eating nonstop.  I have to take the food away to
get her to quit eating.  I am still afraid of a blockage cuz of her bowel
resection.  Her poops are maybe once a day and very sticky.  I hope that
is normal.  She wasn't going at all and the vet said as long as shes
pooping we're doing good.  She does drink her water.  Not much.  But she
gets some down daily.

Other than all of that she is doing wonderful.  Feisty as ever and back
to her shoe insole loving self.

Shele
Bubba  "What did I do?  Man chill a little!!!"
Oscar  "Where are my insoles?  That human better not have taken them =
again.  I want them now!!!!"