From:
Michael Birdsall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 1997 22:20:52 -0400
I have seen some olive-green slime on my ferret's poop.  This is the second
time I have seen this.  After seeing the small amount of slime the first
time, I looked the symptom up in a ferret book and I found the reference
under ECE.  My ferret (she) is very playful, curious, and she eats and
drinks on a very regular basis.  So, I don't see any signs of illness in her
except possibly her poop.

Does anyone know information about ECE and the symptoms it has?  Also, I
have another ferret with her (a male).  They are both about 11-12 weeks of
age.  The male also is very normal and healthy acting.  Could the male
contract ECE or another virus very easily?

Please respond to my e-mail address:    [log in to unmask]

Thank you,
Tanya, Tod, and the kids