From:
FerretsFirst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:11:40 -0500
I am Robin and I run FerretsFirst in Annandale, VA. We are the rescue
to which Marlene is referring and the ferrets from Arlington are a few
miles from me. Prior to the Xmas holidays and New Year, I was forced to
downsize my rescue. I needed surgery on both wrists and my thumb and I
will probably have to have the thumb operated on again. There was no
way I could take care of 30 ferrets 12 of whom required scruffing, meds
and soup, plus my own during this period of time. Do you know how hard
it is to give ferrets meds and force soup with one hand? Or even carry
a try of soup to the shelter? Somehow I managed but unfortunately,
with the recent snow and shoveling, it seems the thumb surgery was
compromised.

But just for the record, we took in 3 adrenal, insulimona ferrets this
week. Our number of ferrets who are permanent residents are 20 + 3 new
ones. In addition to the 3 ferrets we took in this weekend, we also
have six others who need surgery. Our bank is dry, we are in the hole
with vets and I can't bail out the rescue because I have been out of
work. Oh, we have NO adoptables to bring money in. So, Marlene, if you
would like to trade spots with me over the last 3 months, I will be
glad to do so. For anyone who would like to help out with the vet
bills, please contact SEAVS at 703-281-3750 or Old Bridge Veterinary
Hospital at 703-494-0094. Please leave your name and address so we can
send you a thank you and a receipt.

When I was working I helped every rescue that needed it and supported
every raffle. Never once did I post a bad word about anyone, with or
without circumstances. I wish you had looked before you took a leap off
that cliff called ignorance (defn: lacking knowledge or comprehension
of the things specified).

Sincerely,
Robin