From:
Holly Park Library <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 10:24:00 -0800
Read about the harmonica-enthusiast; reminds me of my experiences with
Shasta and Emmett.

Shasta loved pennywhistles and would follow me around as I played--I felt
like the Pied Piper because the sound would draw her out from any hiding
place immediately.  Recently I thought I would try the same with The Emmett.

I brought out my best whistle--a lovely wooden one from Dusty Strings--
and sure enough, little Emmett Kelly came a-running. . .right up to me!

   He put his little paws on my leg (I was sitting on the floor) and
looked up at me. . .with his big little shoe-button eyes. . .
   and opened his little mouth. . .
   and gave a great big HISS!
Talk about music critics! I do not play around him any more. . .

Kate, owned by Emmett, part-owned by Booker Cat