From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 1996 16:53:12 -0800
Dear Jim Cooper, etc.;

Yes, I once had a heater cord that looked like someone took a knife to it
and made diagonal slashes to it.  Fortunately, the wires on both sides were
not exposed, so no harm came.  Had to replace the cord though.  I've found
bitter LIME works better on my crew than the popular bitter lemon.  It's
harder to find, and even best is the paste in a tube rather than the spray,
as it lasts longer.

Another way of dealing with the trouble is to duct tape the wire to the
floor, so they can't get a tooth hold.  A 3rd way is the fancy cord hiding
strips sold at home depot, etc.

This problem is life threatening, so it's best to take serious with 110vac
cords, at least.  Other cords like computer and phone are simply expensive
to keep replacing, but not lethal, at least..:)

    Sincerely, Gary

Violence is not strength,  Compassion is not weakness.    From Camelot.