From:
Eric A Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1993 23:21:22 -0500
> They don't seem to "bond" with us, however.  They don't want to
> sit on our lap or relax with us.  They don't run away either..

I've known only a handful of ferrets that ever would sit still
in someone's lap.  It doesn't mean they don't like you, just
that they've explored your lap enough and are ready to move
on to new things.

The only times Hershey and Nestle' ever sit still in my lap
is when I'm giving them a treat of some kind (Ferretone gets
them still a long time), or if they fall asleep somewhere out
of the cage and I lie down with them.  Then they'll come over
and lick me, and fall asleep again on me.  Other than that,
and occasionally when they will sit still for being petted, they
are always on the move.  It's normal.   Try wrestling them with
an old sock or something.  Ferrets don't go for stationary cuddling.

Happy holidays everyone.  I got my little girls a length of dryer
vent hose to play in.  But don't tell them, it's a surprise.  :-)

E.S.