From:
Kim Schilling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 22:20:44 EST
Due to my health and also my husband's health, I find the need to be more
aggressive in finding homes for the fuzzies that are up for adoption here
at Animals for Awareness.  Some have been looking for homes for well over a
year, although admittedly I haven't looked very hard.  We've never had ECE
over here either.  All of our ferrets get along well with cats!  Out of
our 20 carpet sharks, about 12 are up for adoption.  Widget and Snow, our
delightful young biters, were just adopted by Kate, one of our vets!  YAY!
They're doing great!  Pictures of adoptable ferrets will hopefully be up on
my website sometime this weekend.  Fuzzies will only be allowed to go to
wonderful approved homes in Illinois.  Adoption fees vary.

Big Bear - a handsome 4 yr old chocolate sable with a big cream colored
bib.  This big boy is FULL of energy and loves to play.  He got along well
with Widget and Snow, but is now alone again.  He has lost 2 cagemates in
the last few years to cancer.  Unfortunately, he can be very aggressive
towards other ferrets and gets nippy with hoomans if he doesn't get lots
of playtime.  Will probably need to be a loner or partner to a big, bossy
female!

Elmo & Booka - This 4 year old pair was promised a great home, but the deal
fell through.  Elmo is a big, gorgeous cinnamon fuzzy that needs a lot of
playtime, otherwise he can be nippy to hoomans.  He can be aggressive
towards other ferrets too, but loves his longtime cagemate Booka.  She's a
tiny, itty, bitty petite sable with feminine manners.  This pair MUST stay
together!

Lil Bear and Seven - Lil Bear is a beautiful 18 month old chocolate sable
whose antics keep me laughing all the time.  He's so silly and full of
energy!  His favorite cagemate is 2 1/2 year old Seven, a sweet female
sable who is equally amusing.  They seem to be inseparable and get into
trouble together.  Both get along well with other fuzzies, but we would
prefer to keep them together.

Dillinger - This little 4 1/2 year old albino needs a new home AND a new
name.  He certainly isn't very much trouble and keeps mostly to himself
even when the other kids are taunting and teasing him.  He gets along well
with other ferrets and should got to a home where other ferrets can keep
him company.  This sweetheart is going to the vet in a couple days to make
sure his thinning fur isn't a sign of adrenal problems.  He may be a foster
candidate.

Tucker - This 3 year old chocolate sable lives with Dillinger, Lil Bear
and Seven.  He's a real sweetheart who also keeps mostly to himself.  Like
Dillinger, he has moments of silliness and is very affectionate to hoomans.
He would love to go home with Dillinger, but would simply be happy in a
home with other ferrets and loving hoomans.

If you're interested in providing one of these kids a good home, please
e-mail me privately.  We also have several ferrets with special needs that
would appreciate extra TLC.  Dooks to you and yours.

Kim Schilling and the Zoo
"http://www.animalsforawareness.org"
Animals for Awareness a USDA non-profit no-kill sanctuary
"Protection through Education" Dedicated to the rescue of exotic animals

Come join our new Onelist!  Procyanid_Viverrid
"http://www.onelist.com/community/Procyonid_Viverrid"

For the raccoon, coati, kinkajou, ringtail cat, genet, civet, and
binturong lovers!