Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 14:34:17 -0500
Sorry everyone ,I know I just posted my nicknames but i forgot to ask this!

I am probably taking a road trip next week from central Illinois to Salem
and Boston Massachusetts.  I am bringing Loki with me as my traveling
companion.  And I'm looking for some advice from others who have traveled
with their fuzzies before.

I'm pretty well versed on traveling with the ferrets in the car, although
never for longer than three hours, but I think I'm OK on that.  What
concerns me is staying with a ferret overnight in a strange place.  We are
going to bring camping gear and try to find campsites to bed down in
(because we're in college and we're poor and it's fun anyway).  Does anyone
have experience camping with ferrets?

If we can't find a campsite we will stay in a cheap motel.  Hopefully one
that has no problem with ferrets but if they do I will just smuggle him in.
It's not like we'll be staying there to do more than sleep and then be on
our way the next morn.  But if anyone has info on pet-friendly hotels/motels
out that way (or how to find them) please e-mail me!

oh yeah, we might go to DC too.  My final request is for info on ferret free
zones and/or regulations on ferrets in the areas we will be staying in and
traveling through.  Massachusetts and Washington DC are the big ones, but I
believe we will pass through Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania...and here my
geography skills fail me and I have no idea what other states we'll drive
through!  (Thankfully I am not driving ;P).

Thanks in advance to anyone who has some info or advice for me!

Kristi (Kitchen Consultant with The Pampered Chef) and the Mad Menagerie:
        Mayonnaise, Clover, Luna, and Loki (Mustelid Mob of Mayhem)
        Boo (the cat) and Casey (the kitten)
(see the crew at:  http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/4093 )

Reach me by ICQ. My ICQ# is 194656 OR
by yucky AOL: My IM name is EmaniaE

ferrets are like potato chips...you can't have just one!