From:
Regina Badriya Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:05:22 -0400
These days mostly I lurk quietly, but having been here for a while, I
thought I'd answer this :-)

1. How long have you had ferrets?
Since December 1994

2. What got you interested in ferrets?
I was in grad school in Montreal and saw some ferrets in a pet store
window.  I was enthralled by them, but sternly told myself that I didn't
need a pet in my life right then.  That night, however, I was in a used
bookstore and found a book on ferrets (the Fox Morton one) for only
$3.50, and thought well gee, I could just *read* about ferrets... By
the time I was done with the book, I knew that this was the pet for
me, and searched the city until I found a female sable ferret at a nice
clean pet shop.  The rest is history :)

3. Do your ferrets get an Easter basket or Xmas stocking (or any other
The ferrets are bestowed with all the wrapping paper and boxes their
hearts could desire at any gift-giving holiday.

About you-

1. Do you consider yourself an owner, enthusiast, or slave?
I'm just a person who shares her living space with weasels.

2. How many hours a week do you spend tending to your babies?
That's sort of unanswerable--I could I suppose count the time spent
brushing teeth, cleaning litter paper, trimming nails, etc., but that's
not really very meaningful since it would vary greatly depending on how
many ferrets one has.  My ferrets are free roam through most of the
apartment when I am home, so it might make more sense to ask them how
much time they spend tending to me :)

3. Do you have any tattoos, piercings, etc?
Yes to both, some ferret tattoos even.

About the FML-

1. Why did you join the FML?
I was/am excited to have this great resource for ferret knowledge and
information, and pleased to have people to chatter about ferrets with.

2. What is your favorite thing about this group?
That people are very giving with information.  I credit the FML and BIG
with having saved my ferret Amelia's life when she had a blockage that
didn't show up on x-rays, and that's a very wonderful thing.

3. Least favorite thing?
That sometimes people's egos can get in the way of rational discourse,
discussion and yes, debate about ferret issues.  But we're a big
community, and we're all human beings, so it goes with the territory in
some ways.  Also, the word "dook" bothers me, because I swear I have
never heard a ferret say anything that sounds remotely like that ;-)

Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask]
http://users.rcn.com/badriya/

"Is that my business?  Well, what is my business?  Do I know?  Did I ever
know?  Let's not go into that.  You're not human tonight, Marlowe.  Maybe
I never was or ever will be... Maybe we all get like this in the cold
half-lit world where always the wrong thing happens and never the right."
--Raymond Chandler, The Little Sister