From:
Florence Love <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2013 07:40:57 -0400
The ferret community is so very blessed with people that step out
and give so much of themselves, and I wanted to make a special
acknowledgement of Sharon Bearden, who has been doing this wonderful
Calendar for SOS. It raises money that in turn helps the shelters
across the U.S. Sharon has been doing this all along, without asking
for anything but pictures and a small donation for each entry. It
would have been another blow to the ferret community NOT to have this
calendar. BUT the good news is the word went out that we were slack
and were going to loss our calendar.

I'm very proud to be living in GA, and have Sharon in our group of
ferret people. We also have Sue Pyron, who has such a way with words
and writes heart felt poems. She posted a poem of our almost lost
calendar ... it really brought home what was happening for the ferret
community -- and it made a difference to help wake us up.

Melatonin Implants is something else that Sharon does for the ferrets.
She does this all on her own time, no salary for this big job, but she
is always there for the shelters that need the implants and all the
ferrets that need her help.

I just wanted to take a moment to personally thank both of these
wonderful ladies for being behind the scenes and making a difference --
they are such a wonderful representation of what ferret community is
all about.

Much love,
Florence