From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 07:36:18 -0500
Tracy Jose, Administering meds

>She is now just down to the Tagamet.  All of this stuff tastes horribly
>unpleasant and I had a real tough time getting them down her throat, but
>managed to, even though she tried her hardest to spit them out.

Hi--

Talk to your vet about the feasibility of switching from Tagamet to Pepcid
AC for the rest of the treatment period.  Pepcid AC mixed with water is
tasteless and easy to get down the ferret.  (We treated 30 ferrets for
ECE for over 2 mos.  I got practice.)

You crush one Pepcid AC table and mix with 10cc of water.  Use a syringe
and measure 1 cc of the water/pill mixture for treatment.

You find this info in the ECE faq at www.ferretcentral.org.  Print it out
and highlight the dosage info I've mentioned here and ask your vet if you
can try that for a couple of days in place of the Tagement and permantly
if it's easier to get down your ferrets throat.

Good luck.  Sick ferrets are often scary biz.

KG