From:
Alex Beard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:26:50 -0400
My wife and I have 4 ferrets and we love them to death, but we just don't
have the time for our little buddies.  I'm working full time and almost
taking a full load at school working on my B.S.E. in Engineering.  My
wife works a lot of hours also, and its just not fair to our fuzzies.  We
get to play with them on the weekends and try during the week, but time
doesn't always allow.  We haven't had the time and seeing those little
faces light up and run for the cage door will be hard to let go of, but
we just can't keep them like this, its not fair to them.  So we would
like to place them with another family that will have more time to play
and love them.

I'm giveing all 4 away at one time, they've all lived together their
entire life and I can't let them be broken up.  I'm told it could be
traumatic, the break up of the ferrets.

The ferrets are...

Symonn - Male Cinnamon Coloring (5): he's very inquisitive and has this
crazy sock fetish.  He likes to eat them and unfortunately they get stuck
in his belly.  We've had to go to the vet a number of times over this.
Oh and I've learned the hard way never wear socks around him, he doesn't
understand that there are toes underneath.  He doesn't have any health
issues I'm aware of, but his body weight changes drastically from winter
to spring.  He has a behavior problem, he refuses to use the litterbox.
We've tried for years without luck :( .  He very cuddly and likes to be
held and petted, as long and you keep your socks away from him, he
completely lovable.

Sydney - Male Albion coloring (4): he's the fastest little ferret this
side of the mason-dixon.  He's by far the fastest ferret in our house,
when he's scared which is often.  He's very skittish and is not usually
one for rough play, but he will throw down with the others sometimes.  He
loves chasing stuff though, and hiding little stuffed animals.  He has a
habit of hiding little stuffed animals away in some secret spot.  He's
had adrenal surgery already and another surgery that wasn't necessary,
but the vet thought it was.  His nails are very hard to keep clean and I
can't seem to figure out why.  He's very well behaved, and is completely
harmless, just very shy.

Scottie - Male Badger coloring (4): This little guy is crazy, as soon as
I let him out he's bouncing like the floor is on fire.  A lot of time
he'll bounce off a wall and into another ferret, and then it's on.  He
loves to play with other ferrets chase stuff and play in the ferrets
tubes.  He very well behaved, he uses the litterbox everytime.  He has
had surgery for tumors in his liver and the vet said he will only live
1-3 years longer :( which was a year ago.  He looses a lot of hair during
season changes, so if all the hair on his tail falls off the change is
normal.

Pixie - Female Sable coloring (3): This little girl is a firecracker,
she's so tenacious.  When she wants to go somewhere nothing stops her.
Well, a 3 foot wall usually does the trick, but not always.  Favorite
hobbies include: climbing me to jump the 3 foot wall, investigating
anything and everything.  She hasn't any conditions I'm aware of and
hasn't had any surgery.  You'll need to be careful of this one she can
get into trouble quickly if she isn't watched closely.  She's very well
behaved otherwise, potty trained, and just loves to give kisses to anyone
who is willing.

Alex & Shannon Beard