From:
John Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1993 16:34:00 -0500
[That's okay.  I usually insert the subscription requests into
the digest as a way of letting everybody else know we have a new
member.]

Hi,

I currently have two ferrets: a male and a female.  The male is about 6 years
old and I obtained him when he was about 3 weeks old.  I had to bottle feed him
using an eye dropper and prepared milk.  He is neither fixed nor descented.
The female is about a year old.  I bought her at a pet store.  She is both
descented and fixed.  Where is this leading to?  Okay here goes:

She's a B**ch!!!  She's hyperactive and is very anti-social.  She nips at
everything and steals everything else.  My dog is consciously aware of her
every move and has started to ignore Taz (male) completely.  Taz, on the other
hand, is sociable, well-mannered and very laid back.  He likes to be held and
will follow you around, lay in your lap and rarely bites.

Is this a phase that the female will outgrow?  I have tried several things to
get on her good side, but she rarely allows me to even approach her.  If I pick
her up (after catching her), she stays still for about 10 secs tops before
immediately squirming and clawing her way down.  The only good thing is she
seems to get along with Taz, which by the way is the one reason I bought her.

Anybody have any ideas on how I can "tame" her?  I hate to use the word tame,
but unless I can quiet her down, I will have to get rid of her.

John