From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 1996 16:20:06 -0500
Juvenile Lymphosarcoma - Our Bonnie died at 9 months.  Her symptoms were
lethargy then hind end weakness.  We'd been to the vet a couple times and
then we did a biopsy and spleen needle aspirate.  Bonnie didn't come out of
the anesthesia (Isoflurane) fully and managed to stay with us till I got her
home.  Fifteen minutes later she left us.  What we didn't know at the time
of the biopsy is that she had a bad heart.  We'd been working with her for
about a month before she died.  Dr. Williams did the pathology and verified
it was juvenile lymphosarcoma.

ECE & Vet Visits - I always remind the vet and technician(s) that we are ECE
infected and ask that they disinfect everything we touch.  They are very
concerned about transmitting ECE too.  It just takes a gentle reminder now
and again, afterall we aren't their only patients.  :-)

On Marshall Farms- My question is are the ferrets of Marshall Farms from
different stock than those of other breeders?  Do you see where I'm heading?
Where did the original MF ferrets come from and where did all the rest come
from?  Did they all start with Ferretville in Ohio?  Just a little something
to think about.

Hugs to all.  tle