From:
Jessica Landon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 02:41:57 -0700
Just a general question for any advice on the matter.  One of my ferrets,
Homer, who is a black eyed albino, eats way too fast.  Food is always
kept inside their cage and outside, so whenever either one (there are
two) are hungry they may eat.  They also get a few daily treats.  They
have never had an empty bowl.  Sometimes I am woken up or made alert when
Homer eats because he'll start choking on food.  His teeth are fine and
so is his health (both the boys went for their usual check up just
yesterday).  Does anyone else experience this same problem?  It just
sometimes worries me that he will choke and not be able to cough up the
food!  I hate having to worry and run over to make sure he is okay.  Any
advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.