From:
Lynn McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 20:03:21 -0700
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Balloon to rainbow bridge
>I was at a street fair the other day when I noticed an escaped balloon.
>It was a beautiful butterfly mylar balloon, with mulitple colors.  I
>couldn't remember the name of the ferret that loves balloons, but I had
>no doubt that it was heading up to him over the rainbow bridge!!

Well... this proves I shouldn't read the FML at work!  It was so touching
for someone to remember my Tarzan's love for balloons.  Thank you!!  Thank
you!!!  I'd been reading Judy's touching story about her experience with
her fur kids having the terrifying ADV, and saw this, and the tears really
fell.  Then, to top it off my friend Michael Janke sent the post to my
e-mail at home, which was really sweet.  Thank you Michael :)  (I sent you
a reply but it bounced!)

And, thank you Judy for sharing your story of ADV with us.  My heart goes
out to you.  When my first fur kid got adrenal disease I called many vets
in Seattle and many still likened it to Cushing's.  Very few had surgical
experience, and the ones who did had little.  I knew some of the great East
Coast vets were way far ahead in treatment so I started the Ferret Adrenal
List, which has grown to around 500 subscribers.  Some still cross post to
the FML, which is best.  Anyway, you are in my thoughts and prayers, Judy.

It was recently mentioned that boats have been named "Ferret".  My first
electric red '95 Ford Contour SE was named "The Cherry Ferret".  I tried
various twists on Tarzan, like Tarzoom, Tarzana (Cherry Ferret was a girl),
and Tarzeena, but settled on "The Cherry Ferret".  Most don't know about
the great driving little early Contours with V-6, 24-valve Duratech engines
and 5-speeds.  The V-6 5-speed combo isn't easy to find in the '95 (Ford
began downgrading the Contour after the first year) but it truly is a
"ferret" car!  Very fun, darty, and fast.  Loves twisty roads and hilly
highways.  I loved the Cherry Ferret but, alas, a teen on drugs totalled
her one early morning in front of my house, while I was in Alaska, which
made the loss even harder.  But, after hunting high and low, I found
"Ferret II"!  Any other "ferret" cars out there?

Lynn Mc. and the Gang of Five furry ferret cars with feet