From:
Doug Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 11:53:35 -0500
I have been a member of the FML for awhile now and after careful
consideration, I decided to get a ferret.  I have a question I'm hoping
someone can answer.  I didn't see it in the FAQ's but i'm sure it comes up
regularly.

Is there any way to stop my kit from rooting through her litter?  She'll do
it whether it's clean or not.  I have tried scruffing her a couple of times,
but it's kind of hard to get to her in time.  As soon as I go to open the
cage, she thinks it's playtime and comes running to me.  I train dogs for a
living (explosive and narcotic detector dogs and patrol dogs) so I
understand the intricacies of operant and classical conditioning, but I
don't want to use negative enforcement if there is some other way.  If you
don't want to post directly to the list, here is my address:

Thanks in advance : )
Doug Johnson