From:
Paul Niedziela <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 1996 18:14:37 -0400
Just when I thought I had secured every possible region of the house, Claude
proved just how creatively evil he can be.  I have always known that the
ferrets like to sleep on my bed under the fitted sheet.  I guess they feel
secure under there.

Well, today when I went to retrieve him, his body felt unusually spread out.
I pulled back the sheet to find a bulge in the mattress!  I took off all the
sheets and found a huge hole in the middle of the mattress with all of the
stuffing coming out.  I could have killed, if I weren't so worried about my
baby in there with all those springs and easily-swallowed stuffing.

Fortunately he was lured out easily with the help of a piggie squeak toy.
Now we just have to come up with a new plan.  You know he won't stop just
because we've sewed up the hole and flipped the mattress over.  We plan to
buy a mattress cover.  Hopefully that will help the situation.  I hope this
has alerted you to a potential danger area.

On to some better news.

I have come up with an extremely cheap and well-liked idea for a hammock.
All I did was take an old t-shirt and poke a few holes in each end.  Then I
strung thick hockey skate laces through the holes, tying large knots at the
openings so there is no slippage.  Then I tied the laces to the rungs of the
cage.  After a few days of ignoring it, my guys absolutely love it!  And it
didn't cost me a cent.

I hope these ideas help!

Becky
Claude and Marisol