Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 10:43:35 EDT
Thanks to all of you for the information on tattoos, and MF and Petco, and
distribution centers.  I would hope that the MF distribution centers only
allow MF ferrets.  If there is reason to believe that is not true, I would
also find that interesting.

Apparently then, the guarantees from MF that are to go with the batch of
same age ferrets is just jumbled with other guarantees of other batches
of ferrets by the MF distributors and/or Petco distributors at specific
sites or in most or all--We do not appear to know which that would be.
So the ferret could be younger or older than indicated by the guarantee.
And at centers where ferrets are all jumbled up together?  Anyone could
have companies gaurantee?

I cannot belive that people careful to raise ferrets free of any
contageous diseases would send their ferrets off to a distribution site
where ferrets are all clumped together with small and large breeders.  Did
I understand that correctly?  What state and store was this connected
with-if this is true?

I have called several distributors, but not had a phone call back yet.  I
have had people call the office not leaving a name.  Could be one of them.
Do not know.  If I ever reach one and learn anything useful, I will let
you all know.

Thank you all again for helping to educate me.
Lisette