From:
Ilsa & Jeff Hopko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:19:29 -0700
1st time post for a new lurker.  My name is Jeff, and I am a california
ferret owner.  (hi jeff).  Seriously, what a great forum for ferrets and
those owned by them.  I am deeply touched by Skeeter welcoming the new
arrivals at the rainbow bridge, as I have lost five fuzzies, three within
the last 13 months...and empathize with each 'passing' post.

As for those moving/moved to CA, I have obtained six of seven of my crew
from rescuers (Bless Them) within the state.  All ferret-specific items are
purchased at local stores, using credit cards over a four year period, and
so far no gestapo at the door.  I have not had one bad instance, but have
also not volunteered too much info either.

Any vet worthy of the title will see ferrets, but not many locally (Palms
Springs-ish) have any real knowledge of them, as they're illegal, doh.

To the Lady near Victorville: I obtained two fuzzies from Lucerne Valley,
so rest in the knowledge you are not alone.

Aren't Ferrets Great?

Jeff with Starr and Hobbes.
Snowy, Calvin, Rocky, Susie and Katt playing at the Bridge...