From:
Linda Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 12:44:46 -0400
Hello and dook dooks to all.  My male ferret Kodo(not quite 4) just had
adrenal surgery on October 1st.  It was his right adrenal gland.  It is
now 5 days(October 5th) after the surgery and he has yet to show much
improvement in his energy level, does not try to climb or get down when
held, is still not eating on his own, we are hand feeding him Bob's
Chicken Gravy which he loves, is wobbly and falls a lot, and seems to be
having the shakes and has lots of spasms.  Checked his temperature and
it is usually around 101.8   He is also not interested in any of his
ferret buddies when they are brought to his recovery cage.  He also had
4 days of green, slimy poops which has subsided.  I know every ferret
will recover at different rates, but compared to my daughters female
ferret(Fria)who had adrenal surgery of the right adrenal gland about 2
months ago, Kodo is not coming along with his recovery at a rate which I
am happy with.  I am very concerned.  Everything else looked good when
the vet did the surgery.  Does anyone have any input, ideas/thoughts,
for a ferret mom who is worried?  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Happy dookin',  Linda and her 2 ferret loves

With love from me (Pinky)
And the ferret duo Tacoma & Kodo
(Ferrets leave tiny little paw prints on our hearts)
Visit my ferret web site @ http://www.hideyhole.org/ferretfrenzy
or my daughter & her fiance's at http://www.hideyhole.org