From:
Jennifer Logan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:59:45 -0800
Hi FML,

I have been lurking on this list for 5 years now (wow, time flies...), had
time to post regularly in the beginning, but my career and 4 wonderful
fuzzgirls have not allowed for much regular FML reading/posting over the
past year or so --although, I do catch up on my weekly FML reading once a
week.

Anyway, I recently got engaged to my longtime boyfriend & best friend in
the world, we're getting married in the summer of 2002.  I have 4 great
fuzzies, Casey is 5 1/2, Jasmine 5, Samantha 4 and Daisy is 3.

My fiance and I don't live together yet (that will happen later this year
after I sell or rent my townhouse and move into his house then), but he
just got a rottweiler/lab mix 6 mo.  old puppy, rescued from the local
humane society.  His name is Jake and he's adorable, super friendly and
lovable.

however, I'm a bit nervous about introducing my sweet ferrets to Jake;
while I don't think he'll attack or try to hunt/kill them, he does play
rough, especially with his squeak toys and bones, and I'm always horrified
to imagine him doing that (in play) with one of my girls & hurting them.
So, we haven't done any introductions yet, but will have to sooner than
later since we'll all be living as one big happy family sooner than
later. :-)

Any tips, advice, knowledge about how a rottweiler interacts w/ ferts?
Keep in mind this pup is probably 75% rott, 25% lab or other mutt mix,
will probably end up being a 75-100 lb.  dog when fully grown, but has a
generally friendly temperament (even though he plays rough)...

Thanks!

Jen & fert crew, plus soon to be zoo :)