From:
Jason & Alison Overstreet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 20:49:25 -0500
Hi again, everyone!

Just a quick note to thank those of you who have contacted us about helping
the ferret in northeastern PA!  One more thing that we should have added is
that the ferret is located in Bradford County.

For those of you who missed the post, while on vacation there last week, we
found a female, 4 mon.  old ferret for sale there at a roadside market.  The
owner was a nice man, but did not seem to know how to care for her properly.
The cage was approx.  2'x1'x1'---very small!!  It was also all wire with
cedar chips underneath the cage.  She had no water (the bottle may have had
a leak...we noticed it when we refilled her bottle ourselves) and no food
except for a bone shaped piece, which made us think she must be eating a
cheap dog or cat food.

We did not know how to approach the man about the care of this ferret
without appearing like know-it-alls...we wish we had spoken up tho now and
feel terribly about it.  Our hope is that someone in that area can send info
or speak to the man about proper care for her...we hate to see her like this
or worse yet, be sold to someone who thinks that is how you treat a ferret!:(

Anyways, please e-mail us if you can help.  I have the name of the market
and where it is located, just not an exact address or we would contact him
ourselves.  Thanks again everyone for your support and concern!

Alison and Jason Overstreet

/`\    ____  ,^.-,   Jason,Alison,Petey,Oliver, & Chloe    ,-o^,  ___   /'\
  ``-,'    `-';~~       email: [log in to unmask]         ~~;'-'   `-''
    .',-'~`../'    web: http://www.primenet.com/~jalison/     `\..'~';,'