Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 12:53:57 -0500
Hello My name is Linda.  I have posted a few times on here.  I have two 6
month old ferrets, Tyler and Tangles.

A couple months ago I switched my ferrets to Totally Ferret.  I did
research and even posted my research on it.  My belief is that every ferret
owner has his or her own opinion on what food is best so I never look down
on anyone choosing another food.  I am not saying anyone has (please do not
misunderstand me).  All I can say is that I thought Totally Ferret is best
and NOT mixed with anything else.

My boyfriend, Jeff, and I just got back from vacation.  We drove 555 miles
each way from New Jersey to Ohio.  It was great seeing my family again for
the Holidays.  The ferrets did so much better with a hammock in the carrier
that was fuzzy.  I even had a light blanket that I would move around the
outside of the cage to cut down on direct sunlight on them.  They seem
to love the hotel room, even though we had to move rooms in the middle of
the night cause a pipe burst in the mechanics room next door!  Ewww!
Thankfully we got to the ferrets cage before the water got to them!  That
was a sight to see!  We ended up with a Jacuzzi room instead of a suite
that we were in before the flood but they seemed okay with the Jacuzzi in
the room.  Of course we had them in their carrier when it had water in it!

While we were on vacation, my friend, another ferret owner, told me that I
needed to expose the ferrets to other animals so they would not be as timid
around other animals!  I do not have anything but ferrets in my apartment
so I did not feel the need to do so.  Eventually, in a few years, we plan
on getting a Pomeranian but I will get advice about introducing them later.
My question is, should I introduce them to other animals?  They are only
around other animals once a year at the most and even then they are in the
carrier or in our arms.  Please advise me on this.  Thanks.

What is the best thing to use to clean the ferrets ears?  Q-tips?  What
kind of cleaner?  Or should I just use a bit of warm water?  I am a very
bad Mommy.  I haven t cleaned their ears in a while.  The vet always did
it for me.

Linda
Plus Tyler & Tangles