Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 14:01:30 -0400
I have 2 "extra" ferrets, who I took in when my vet gave my name to a woman
who "had to" get rid of them right away.  They're very sweet & I'd like to
find them another home, tho I guess we'll keep them if we have to.  So, I
have a question and an offer.

Question: I got the ferrets for free, with a nice cage & tons of toys &
hammocks etc.  I want to make sure they go to a good home.  I could
give them away - or do you think I'm more likely to find a committed &
dedicated & serious (well, not too serious - these are ferrets after
all...) owner if I charge for them?  How much?

Offer:  To FML people, free - I know you'd be committed etc owners.

pretty charming.  Shots up to date.  Theyd been kept caged but have free
roam of a room here.  Both have learned to like Totally Ferret & ferretone.
They are well box-trained when caged & are still learning the rules for
when out in the room.

"Cinnamon" is 1.5 pounds, light colored sable, somewhat timid but at the
same time very playful.  There is something utterly charming about her.
She does have a nipping problem - hasn't bitten me, but others have
reported it: she is driven into a frenzy by a squeaky toy & attacks w
hoever is holding it; she has a sharp passion for toes, she does
sniff-sniff-chomp.  I think she'll be easy to train out of it but at first
at least should probably not be with young kids.

Her partner "Blaze" is 2 pounds, white with red eyes & grey arms & tail.
Not very attractive, frankly, but I think she'll improve with good food &
exercise & I'll be curious to see what color she picks come winter.  She is
*very* active & playful & hates being caged.  She bites the dog & cat hard
but is appropriate with us humans.  I think the vet is going to recommend
surgery soon to remove a growth at end of her tail; I'll take care of that.

Do you know anyone who might like them?  We are in Shelburne Falls,
Massachusetts - near Greenfield in western Mass.

Thanks!
---sharin