Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:13:40 EDT
Sandi wrote:
>We have a couple of young volunteers, who's parents won't take on the
>responsibility of a ferret, but they will allow their children to foster
>a ferret for a week every now and then.  We've trained these volunteers,
>see them once a week and so trust that they know how to care for a ferret.
>We very much appreciate this chance for one on one interaction and so
>does the ferret.

Great Idea Sandi!  Why didn't I think of that :-)

We all do the best we can, that's for sure.  I know in my first year being
open I use to let lots of ferrets play together.  Then it hit - ECE -
before I knew if just about everyone was sick.  So I stopped that practice
quick.  I'll put kits in with multiple different groups to burn off energy.
Obviously the fewer you have the more out time everyone gets.  I do have
a limit on how many I'll have in the shelter but it's a stretched limit.
The thought of a little one getting put down just because I'm full is not
something I'll personally accept.

Faith
Ferrets R #1 Shelter & Rescue