From:
Angela and Darryl Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 May 2005 17:19:17 -0400
FML:

Hello, I have not posted on here in awhile been busy with the demands of
rescues.  We are somewhat leveled out now with 50 ferrets with adoptions
still happening but we all ways have another in our needs.

My Post is for respect to my Ferret "Thrahser" our mascot, and reason
Georgia F.E.R.R.E.T.S., Inc.  even was to come to fruition.  Thrasher
himself well, was never agressive towards any other ferret that ever came
into our home.  In Fact, he was excited and enjoyed the new comers to our
home and shelter.  The strong character Thrasher had well amazed myself,
especially upon something not being right or well with him, he would not
let another ferret know, but he would express and show it to us.  So upon
his recent issue a lenght long issue with not well kidneys he gave his
signs to go see the Vet.  So we did, it was weird he did not want to go
in the carry on he wanted to stay in my arms.  This had me touched, and a
bit concerned but he stayed in my arms as my wife drove us on to the vet.
We arrived and Thrasher knew where he was, he did his normal greets he
always did at the reception area, kisses to the office people, walk
around do his little wardance, then come back to me as we waited to go
in.  During the wai ting time sitting there, Thrasher was lick my ears,
my neck, even tried to lick all over my face, When they called Thrashers
name, Thrasher stopped the licking looked over to the entry to the room
areas, went with the vet tech with continuing to give kisses, and licks
to the vet tech, then we wait for our vet to come in when she did
Thrasher jumped on her chest, climed up to give kisses on her cheek, and
then....................He went to the bridge.  The vet did not even have
the chance to do anything as a exam he went on passing in our vets arm.

Thrasher was a unique ferret in his way, just like millions or I should
say every ferret.  But Thrasher I will miss you buddy,, But with this
trip I thought it was going to lead to your passing soon.  Also wanted to
let Thrahse know the friends he made at a few senior places well they was
shocked and created the first time in a public place senior center Mrs.
Schaeffer cried that lead to me crying in front of her.  She decided to
know see when I visit Tripper during the time we are there.  Your Buddy
Weasel, well is having a hard time now with you gone as well, but the
other ferrets help to overcome Weasels questioning of where you are.  You
was a great Mascot(Real Founder) of our rescue/shelter and will never be
forgotten.

My final word in this to you Thrasher is please be at my pearly gate upon
my day of crossing over it may be awhile but I do not want to be known as
the only Ghost searching for a ferret!  Upon all my pictures I have of
you thrasher, upon completion of our raising for a public commercial
building I will have a replica different molds made of the direct ways
you helped with newcomer rescued ferrets to display all around.  So I
know things must be better for you now and the new friends you may have
at the Bridge.

God bless You Thrahser, You created a needed group here that will remain
forever.  You will forever be missed by me... So Please when my day comes
be at my gate to meet me there cause I really do not want to be a Ghost
looking all over for ya..

In Loving memmories
D.S.
Georgia F.E.R.R.E.T.S., Inc.