Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:36:28 -0400
Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about the Suprelorin
implant. To those of you who have used it as well as Lupron, was
Suprelorin more effective in your experience?

There probably is a way to get it from UK or Australia, possibly via
Canada, if a U.S. vet's prescription is accepted. But for now, I'm
using Lupron and oral melatonin.

To Tony--I'm sorry that despite all your efforts with late neutering
and lighting that Sugar still got adrenal disease. IMO in the U.S. (at
least), I think that a lot of these illnesses are genetic because of
breeding practices. Though I worked hard to give Rocky a primarily
meat-based diet, let him be free roam and choose his own sleeping
spots, started supplementing with melatonin at age 4--not to mention
lots of love, attention, exercise and stimulation--he still got
insulinoma, adrenal disease and lymphoma. There's only so much we can
do. I hope Sugar continues to do well. She's young so she has a good
chance. These little guys are so tough. In spite of all his illnesses,
Rocky keeps going and he's 8. He still hunts down the occasional large
cockroach and went digging furiously through a bag of potting soil.

Ferrets are as persistent in living as they are in searching for bad
things to eat. True troopers!

Wishing better health for all furkids,
Shron & Rocky