From:
Carrie Paps <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:02:09 -0400
Hi everyone.

Tuesday evening while everyone was out for nail trimings, play time, and
cage cleanings I noticed Buzz didn't come out to play.  I picked him up
and he was like a little rag doll.  I skipped his nail trimings and just
cuddled him for a bit, while cuddling I felt a lump in his tummy area,
but higher up.  I though it might be an obstruction so I gave him a good
dolup of laxative and .2cc of pred (insulanoma) just in case, and thought
he would be better in the morning.  Morning came, not much change.  I
have been watching him and he just seemed to be getting worse.  Last
night I decided he was going to the vet's on Saturday, I couldn't sleep
all night and kept checking on him, I'm glad I did.  I took him in this
morning instead.  He wasn't eatting and was dehydrated.  The vet (god
love him) did a free ultrasound on him ("new toy").  Buzz has a large
cyst on his liver, right in the middle, there is normal liver on either
side.  For now, we are doing antibiotics, fluids and force feeding high
calorie soup.  Buzz was definatly perker after the fluids in the office.
We are also doing a CBC.  He is 6.5 yrs and the doctor said the cyst was
inoperable so its just a matter of time right now.  Keep him in your
thoughts, I want him comfortable and happy but I told him if he wanted
to go be with Dweezil and Tigger to let me know and I will help him.

Carrie