From:
Northern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 07:38:03 -0700
Sandee, will you keep an eye out for Bruno?  He wasn't a big boy even
tho I would call him that.  He had no special markings but he was turning
silver around his head.  He was a typical light colored sable masked
ferret.  There was no plastic bag that could with stand him, no tube he
couldn t climb and no raisin he couldn t gobble down.

I figured he was about 6 years old.  I had him for the past 5.  Took over
on him and his sister from my son.  They became my weasels.

On Tuesday morn we danced, played and dooked before going to the vets
for his scheduled surgery.  I put him in his carry case and off we went.
Bruno clawed to get out.  He never did that before and I almost turned
back then but didn t.  When I got the vets I took him out and held for
the last time.

Last night they told me that he was improving I might be able to take him
home today.  This morning they called to tell me he passed away sometime
during the night.  They think that maybe his little old body could not
handle the occlusion of the vena cava.

I m going to leave now to pick him up for his sister.  Spunky has been
all over the house looking for Bruno and I noticed that she is becoming
depressed.  I want her to have closure.  Then I bury Bruno in the
strawberry patch in the yard.

I have owned many pets but I have never had such creatures touch my heart
like them.  I knew someday that this day would come but not quite like
this.

Thanks for listening.
M.Northern